Artists' Gallery is a partnership of professional visual artists who cooperatively administer, staff and exhibit in our Lambertville, New Jersey location. Our members are well established and regionally represented artists who have been selected for membership by jury.
Since its inception in 1995, the high quality of work and variety of artistic styles has earned Artists' Gallery a solid reputation among discerning collectors, designers and art critics as a showcase for viewing and purchasing original works of art.
Artists' Gallery is committed to a $0 profit policy. Each member gets 100% of proceeds from the sale of his/her work.
Every artist has a month-long two-person "featured
artist" show once every year. The featured artists share
our largest room - Salon A - and are responsible for
the publicity and reception for their show. Artists
choose their show partners, and are randomly assigned
an exhibition month between April and November.
The remaining gallery walls are divided among the
other members, also on a rotating monthly basis.
December, January, February and March are designated for
For further questions and information, please
contact the gallery at: (609) 397-4588, email:
or just stop by the
gallery during normal business hours and talk to the
artist who is gallery sitting that day.
To Apply for Admission:
Submissions are accepted the Thur-Sun (11am-6pm) immediately
prior to the first Monday of the month.
The Jury process takes place at our
monthly Monday evening meeting. You will be contacted via email or
phone with the results. As storage space is limited, we ask that you
pick-up your work during gallery hours later that week.
Application to the gallery implies that you are ready to exhibit work
in a professional environment and agree to the member obligations.
The gallery often has a waiting list, though openings may be filled
on a “best fit” rather than “first-come” basis. We recommend that
prospective artists attend one or more opening receptions at the
gallery prior to application to introduce themselves to other members.
When delivering your work to the gallery, please include:
- Two to five pieces of original artwork framed as you would frame them to hang at a gallery.
Note: storage space is limited at the gallery,
so small or medium size pieces would be preferable -
we cannot accept pieces over 30" in size.
It would be helpful if you deliver your art bubblewrapped or boxed or some form of protection.
- Up to twenty prints of your work/portfolio
- An artists bio/resume/CV
- Any supporting materials that will help us to learn more about
you - the information you provide about yourself helps in the
decision making process. Feel free to include experience and
skills not directly related to art—the more information you
provide, the better.
- A $25 application fee
- please fill out 2 copies of our
new member application
to submit along with your portfolio
Member Benefits include:
- Year-round exhibition space in the heart of New Jersey’s premiere arts town
- No commission taken on sales of your work
- A featured two-person show once a year
- Monthly openings and other events with patrons
- Opportunity to display and sell original works and prints
- Year-round promotional activities
- Inclusion in gallery events with high-profile local and regional organizations like NewHope Arts, Heritage Conversancy, Hunterdon Land Trust, McCarter Theatre, Triumph Brewery and Kalmia Club
- Partnership and exhibitions with the Gallery at Bell’s Tavern on
N Union St. in Lambertville
- Access to gallery mail and e-mail lists
- Inclusion in high-traffic gallery website, blog, and online activities
- Gallery payment of sales tax and processing of credit card sales
- Opportunity to learn from and network with other accomplished members
- No contract restricting other sales, exhibitions, or length of commitment
- Freedom to display the works you want
Obligations of Membership Include:
Initial one-time non-refundable new member fee of $250
Pay monthly rent/gallery fee of $165 in full, on time
Attend monthly Monday evening meetings at the gallery;
move your artwork to new assigned space each month (most
members do this before or after the meeting)
Gallery sit approximately once a month Thurs-Sun 11-6
Work with your "featured artist" partner on publicity and reception
Serve on a working committee (house upkeep, finance, PR, etc)
Attend as many gallery openings as possible to support fellow
artists; help out with occasional other gallery events
For further questions and information, please contact the
- (609) 397-4588
- or email: email@example.com
- or just stop by the gallery during normal business hours
and talk to the artist who is gallery sitting that day.